- NGOs that are officially registered (and comply with local regulations).
- NGOs that have a bank account in the country they work (and had a KYC-check).
- NGOs can show past annual financial reports.
- NGOs are locally-led, locally-found and locally-based.
- NGOs have activities running on one or more of these 3 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
- Poverty reduction / income generating activities (SDG1)
- Food security (in combination with climate smart solutions) (SDG 2)
- Advanced education (for example: adult, vocational or secondary education) (SDG4)
- Donations through iMPACT direct make a significant difference for the NGO’s budget, that is why we partner with two types of small NGOs (with annual incomes below €30,000 and those below €100,000)
- NGOs preferably work in remote areas in Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Uganda, Sierra Leone and Tanzania.
Want to partner with us, but you are in another country that we don’t work in yet. Then you may leave your email here and we’ll notify you upon new openings.
NGOs are selected by our experts in the country on the following criteria:
- The initiators started from a great idea for local projects, with own or local resources and can show achieved impact but fail to get (sufficient) resources from granting donors.
- Work with recipients living below the poverty line.
- Value a partnership with us based on equality, trust and transparency, in which we work as a team towards shared objectives and vision.
In addition, the NGOs are (or are willing to):
- Engage their recipients in the planning, implementation and evaluation of projects.
- Show how their project improves lives (facilitated by our application survey, project form and reporting format).
- Are cost-efficient (i.e. budget/lives improved).
- Are transparent by sharing project information, stories and reports on our website and socials.
What we don’t support
We do not collaborate with NGOs that:
- Have their decision-makers abroad (e.g. board members and managers are not based in the country where projects are implemented).
- Are orphanages.
- Implement religious activities.
We don’t support projects that:
- Do not address one of our core themes: income; food security & climate; or advanced education.
- Are only on awareness raising and/or advocacy.