Organization of Local Communities Against Poverty
Mission of your organisation
OLCAP has implemented several livelihood projects in the area. We have extensive knowledge of what works well and what doesn’t. And the team is well equipped in assessing the needs of the communities and creating a plan that ensures the project is sustainable and meets its goals. The team brings the following:
- Extensive knowledge of Isulu locality (most staff are born and bred in this area).
- Extensive community and partnership network to draw from.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning and executing livelihood programs
- Great evaluation and risk management skills that ensure projects stay on track.
- Field/farm training and outreach skills
- Transparency and integrity, ensuring proper financial allocation and spending.
In the past two years, OLCAP (Organization of Local Communities Against Poverty) supported over 5,000 men, women, adolescents and widows in a variety of poverty reduction and health projects. Results are income from pig rearing or a vegetable stall; improved study skills & better exam results after mentorship program sessions; reduced incidents of disease after health education training or health outreaches; income from a tailoring business.
Concerning the pig rearing project; a successful pilot was done with a recipient, who has already donated two piglets to a second beneficiary.
Long-term results for people